Please forgive my own self promotion of this project, but I am very excited about this and want to give band directors an opportunity to be a part of it.
“Bandscapes” Commissioning Consortium
I would like to invite you to participate in a band commissioning consortium for $50. Each participating school or organization would receive the following:
· PDF files of the score and individual parts along with an mp3 of an electronic realization
· A listing as one of the commissioning organizations and its director on the title page of the composition that will be published through Co-op Press and distributed through J.W. Pepper
· The right to print as many copies of the score and parts as needed for personal use and the right to perform the composition as often as desired.
The composition I am planning to write is a 10 minute piece called “Bandscapes” that would be a showcase for the sections of the band. The first movement would have an opening section that features the full band followed by features for the woodwinds, brass and percussion sections. Short movements (around 30 seconds each) showcasing each of the families within the band (flutes, oboes, clarinets, low clarinets, etc.) will follow. The finale will once again feature the entire band. The composition would be playable by high school/college level bands by my creating A and B versions of the movements and by carefully cueing exposed parts. Bands lacking instrumentation for the instrument family features can simply omit those movements. A suggested optional narration will be included so that the composition can be used on educational concerts.
The timeline for this project is as follows:
· No later that November 1, 2013 – expression of interest
· November and December – creation of the composition
· January 2014 – payment required and emailing of pdf files of score and parts and mp3 of electronic version of the composition
My bio and samples of my music can be found at my website http://www.cooppress.net/
Please feel free to contact me using sybrandon at gmail.com if you have further questions. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from interested parties.
Dr. Sy Brandon
Professor Emeritus of Music
Millersville University of PA